Tragic Shooting at Mount Eden Station: One Dead, Five Injured


News Team

A shooting occurred on the platform of the Mount Eden station of the New York Subway, leaving one person dead and five injured. Six people were shot while waiting for the number 4 train and were taken to the hospital. One person died at St Barnabas Hospital, and one is in serious condition, while the others’ injuries are minor. The cause of the attack is believed to be a fight, and a 34-year-old man died. Among the injured are a 14-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy, and three adults aged 28, 29, and 71 years old. Authorities believe that some of the victims were involved in the dispute, while others were waiting for the train to pass. Four of the injured are in serious condition.

The New York Police Department Transit Director stated that the shooting was not a random act, but rather a result of two groups starting to fight while on a train. The shooting began when the train arrived at the station, and at least one individual in the group pulled out a gun and fired shots. The police are searching for at least one of the attackers who fled the scene.

A handwritten note entitled “targets to attack” was found at the site, which included police officers, judges, politicians, among others. The police operation, where the confiscation of weapons and arrests took place, was recorded on January 17. The brothers, Andrew and Angelo Hatziagelis, were placed under arrest and now face 130 charges related to criminal possession of weapons. Among the charges are 47 counts of possession of a weapon, eight of reckless endangerment in the second degree, and 15 counts of manufacturing and transporting weapons.

The investigation took more than 6 months, and the agents arrived at an apartment located in the Astoria area, where they found a batch of 8 ghost weapons made with a 3D printer, including an AK.47 assault rifle. In addition, they confiscated homemade explosives, smoke bombs, and 600 bullets. The brothers will go to court on February 15 and face a sentence of up to 25 years in prison.

Image Source:

News, Local, Health

Leave a Comment